What to Expect at Your Next Visit
Dear Patients & Families:
Thank you for your patience while our office was closed during the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our community is progressing through a season of uncertainty, and we are all looking forward to brighter days ahead and resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing remains constant: our unyielding commitment to your safety and well-being. We would like to share some information with you so you will know what to expect at your next visit.
The application of the strictest, evidence-based standard infection control measures has always been a top priority of our practice and you may have observed this during your previous visits to our office. Our infection control processes have been developed so that when you receive care, its both safe and comfortable. We follow strict infection control guidelines as formulated by the CDC and as recommended by both the ADA, AAO, and DOH particularly with the intent to minimize the community transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Appointments will be managed to allow for appropriate social distancing between patients. This may mean that you may be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We appreciate your continued understanding with respect to the availability of certain types of appointments.
- At the time your appointment is scheduled we will ask some requisite screening questions to confirm that you are healthy enough to proceed with your planned visit to our office.
- Our parking lot is now our “virtual waiting room”. Please remain in your vehicle when you arrive and call our office @ 253-833-5455. You will be asked the same screening questions again and invited into the office.
- Please wear a face covering from home as you enter the office. As we seek to maintain social distancing while in the office, it will only be removed during your treatment and should be worn at all other times while you are in the office.
- We will take your temperature when you enter the office and provide you with hand sanitizer.
- We ask that only the patient come into the office. As much as we love parents, guardians, and siblings, we want to preserve the social distancing as much as possible and its best to minimize congregation of people in the office.
- For younger patients, or those who need special assistance, one adult may accompany the patient. This person will also be asked the same screening questions (COVID-19 symptoms and exposure history), have their temperature taken, and must wear a face covering.
- Before we seat you in your treatment chair, we will ask you to do a pre-treatment rinse with Peroxyl (an oral cleanser which contains 1.5% hydrogen peroxide that is manufactured by Colgate).
- Our tooth-brushing area will be closed to prevent cross contamination. PLEASE BRUSH AND FLOSS AT HOME and use the restroom just prior to leaving for our office.
- We will be regularly cleaning and disinfecting surfaces in the reception area including door handles.
- Our doctors and staff have undergone additional training based on CDC and OSHA guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Just like our patients, we all undergo the same daily screening questions and temperature checks at the start of our work day.
- You will notice the additional use of clear faceshields in addition to our masks, gloves and scrub tops or gowns = our PPE
- Procedures which generate dental aerosol will be limited to the end of the day with no other patients present. Fresh air ventilation, HEPA filtration and scavenging processes will be in place to maximize patient and team safety.
- Certain appointments like eruption checks, retainer monitoring, and Invisalign monitoring may be easy to conduct virtually! This will not only save you a trip, it promotes social distancing. Our office will contact you in advance if this is an option. You may also request a virtual appointment if you would feel more comfortable working remotely with us for the time being.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We are still working through our appointment list to reschedule everyone a week at at time so please watch for our call or email.
Finally thank you for continuing to entrust your orthodontic care to our experienced team. We sincerely appreciate your trust and very much look forward to welcoming you back into our office!
Yours most sincerely,
Heather Woloshyn DMD MSD